A DELICIOUS, FRESH, HEALTHY QUICK SEAFOOD DISH!
This recipe is so easy to make. Once you have done all of the dicing, the rest is a breeze and the outcome of the hard work yields a tasty result that is sure to raise eyebrows!
1 Package of Frozen Sashimi-Grade Tuna Cubes thawed
2 Jalapeno Peppers (with seeds for added heat)
1 Red Onion
8 oz. Cocktail Shrimp
1/4 cup Minced Garlic
12-14 Grape Tomatoes
Garlic Basil Salt
Course Black Pepper
Red Pepper Flakes
3 tbsp. Jalapeno Hot Sauce
1 tbsp. Olive Oil
HOW TO PREPARE:
1. Begin by letting your tuna cubes thaw in the fridge for 3-4 hours (refrigerators vary) or in cold water (to expedite thawing, if time is a factor).
2. For best results, prepare all your ingredients ahead of time by dicing the jalapenos, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, cocktail shrimp & red onions. Smaller than medium pieces are what we are going for here.
3. Once the tuna cubes are completely thawed, separate them in a plastic strainer to allow any excess liquid to drain. After washing your hands and using gloves, a gentle toss with your fingers should break each cube apart without damaging the delicious tuna.
3. Add tuna cubes to a sealable container. Squeeze 4 limes and 3 lemons into the tuna cube container followed by all the remaining ingredients, leaving out the fresh cilantro. Wait to add that to the very end!
4. Toss all the tuna cubes, lemon juice, lime juice & other ingredients together turning over each scoop into itself that you make. Seal the container and allow refrigeration for 1 hour.
5. Remove from refrigerator, toss all ingredients once again with a large spoon. Chop up about ¾ of a bunch of cilantro and stir it in along with salt, pepper & hot sauce to taste. Stir well and cover. If you like a more peppery taste or spicier taste, now would be the time to add more hot sauce, red pepper flakes or course ground black pepper.
6. Let the container sit chilling in the refrigerator one more time for an additional 30 to 45 minutes.
7. Chill an avocado in the freezer for 10-15 minutes and then peel and cube avocado to be mixed into your ceviche dish.
8. Take the ceviche out of the “chill box” (AKA fridge) and serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy.