A DELICIOUS LOW-CARB & QUICK SEAFOOD DISH! This recipe was a spur of the moment idea using "South Bay" Bay Scallops and Canadian Salmon Fillet. It was flavorful and absolutely delicious. Try it out and you won't be disappointed.
INGREDIENTS: - About 30 (1/2 pound) "South Bay" Bay Scallops - 1.5 lb. fillet of Canadian Salmon - Chives - White Mushrooms - Green & Red Pepper - Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles) - Diced Garlic - Onion - Butter - Extra Virgin Olive Oil - Lemon - Fresh Thyme - Cajun Seasoning - Salt - Pepper - Garlic Powder
HOW TO PREPARE: 1. We wanted to save some time so we actually bought fresh vegetables from the produce section already cut up for us. Buy the fajita mix and you get the onion and pepper mix. Although we usually make our own zoodles with one of those plastic machines, we opted to buy the zoodles from the same section.
2. Start off by melting about a half a stick of butter with 2 or 3 tablespoons of minced garlic as well as 2 or 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a hot pan.
3. Add the peppers, onions & mushrooms to the pan, stir and set heat to medium while we now prepare the salmon for the grill.
4. Pre-heat your grill on medium-high. Take your salmon and leave the skin on! Top your salmon with a quick spray of olive oil (spritzer bottle), cajun seasoning and fresh thyme. Cut a whole lemon into 4 slices and top your salmon with them as seen in the photos above. Lightly drizzle some fresh lemon juice onto your salmon.
5. Place directly on grill for 15 minutes skin-side down. The FDA's safe internal temperature for salmon is 145 degrees Fahrenheit, however we prefer to take it off when it gets to 138-140 internal temperature of the thickest part of the salmon.
6. Continue to stir your vegetables and make a large hole in the middle of the pan for our bay scallops to cook. Turn heat to high and add your bay scallops to the middle of the pan. They do not take long at all to brown / cook. Let the scallops cook directly on the pan for 2 minutes and then add your zoodles and chives in on top and stir. Continue to stir on high heat for 5 more minutes and turn off heat.
7. Take a metal spatula and you should now be able to take the skin right off of the salmon very easily. Just run the spatula along the bottom of your salmon and then place the skinless salmon down on the hot grill to char the bottom and finish cooking for 1-2 minutes.
8. Plate your scallops zoodles in a circle on a plate leaving a hole in the middle for the salmon. Remove the thyme & lemons from your salmon and plate your salmon in the middle of the plate. Garnish with one or two lemons. We cut our salmon into two pieces which worked out perfect as a dinner for two. Eat while hot and enjoy!