FM Recipes: Italian Baked Swordfish
- Swordfish Steak
- Mayonnaise (preferably Hellman's Real Mayonnaise)
- Garlic Powder
- Finely Diced Garlic (fresh or jarred)
- Olive Oil
- Italian Seasoning
- Frank's Red Hot Sauce / cayenne pepper (optional)
How To Prepare:
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Pour olive oil into pan or baking dish to give it a nice covering.
- Season one side of swordfish steak with equal parts of pepper, salt, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. For the spicy version of this recipe, add a dash of Frank's Red Hot Sauce and cayenne pepper to the top of the swordfish at this point.
- Place swordfish in pan on top of olive oil.
- Spread mayonnaise on top of swordfish evenly across entire steak. Be generous as it will all be melted away and leave a delicious crispy coating.
- Add diced garlic, garlic powder, pepper, salt and italian seasoning generously over mayonnaise. Feel free to mix spices into mayonnaise.
- Place dish in oven on center rack for 20-25 minutes until mayonnaise is nearly disappeared.
- Take swordfish out of oven and cut swordfish steak into even amount servings in the pan (however you prefer). Try making swordfish tips by cutting into 2-3" squares.
- Turn oven onto broil on high temperature for 8 minutes.
- Internal temperature of the swordfish should be at least at 145 degrees F. Serve and enjoy... add your favorite vegetable and starch for a delectable meal!