Let us pick out the FIRM SHELL lobsters for you! We will hand-select from our live lobster inventory 100 pounds of firm shell lobsters. Sizes will be chosen based upon on our current inventory and can range from 1.25 pounds up to 4 pounds (or more if inventory requires it).
It's that simple... 100 lbs. of FIRM SHELL lobster.
What's the difference between hard shell, firm shell and soft shell?
- LOBSTERS NEVER STOP GROWING! As they grow, they require bigger shells to fit into, therefore throughout the seasons, lobsters begin to molt their shells for larger ones.
- Hard shell lobsters also have less water weight, while soft shell lobsters contain more water. The water is what helps to harden the shell over time.
- The color of a hard-shell lobster’s meat is also different than that a soft-shell lobster.
- It is pure preference, but some enjoy sweeter taste of the lobster, even though there is less actual meat in a firm or soft shell lobster. Typically, there is 20% to 28% meat from a hard shell lobster, but in a soft / firm shell lobster, there is only 15% to 20% meat.
- Firm and soft shell lobsters CANNOT BE SHIPPED OVERNIGHT and are only available for Curbside Pickup, Local Delivery or walk-ins to our seafood market.
PLEASE NOTE: LOBSTER SIZES WILL VARY! THERE IS NO WAY TO GUARANTEE THE NUMBER OF LOBSTERS THAT YOU WILL GET, BUT JUST THAT IT WILL BE THE TOTAL WEIGHT ORDERED.
Weight: 100 lbs.