Let us pick out the FIRM SHELL lobsters for you! We will hand-select from our live lobster inventory 25 pounds in a variety of sizes. Sizes will be chosen based upon on our current inventory.
It's that simple... 25 lbs. of FIRM SHELL lobster picked up at Fisherman's Market.
What's the difference between hard shell, firm shell and soft shell?
- LOBSTERS NEVER STOP GROWING! As they grow, they require bigger shells to fit into, therefore throughout the seasons, lobsters begin to molt their shells for larger ones.
- Hard shell lobsters also have less water weight, while soft shell lobsters contain more water. The water is what helps to harden the shell over time.
- The color of a hard-shell lobster’s meat is also different than that a soft-shell lobster.
- It is pure preference, but some enjoy sweeter taste of the lobster, even though there is less actual meat in a firm or soft shell lobster. Typically, there is 20% to 28% meat from a hard shell lobster, but in a soft / firm shell lobster, there is only 15% to 20% meat.
- Firm and soft shell lobsters CANNOT BE SHIPPED OVERNIGHT and are only available for Curbside Pickup or walk-ins to our seafood market.
PLEASE NOTE: LOBSTER SIZES WILL VARY!
Weight: Approximately 25 lbs.