Let us pick out the FIRM SHELL lobsters for you! We will hand-select from our live lobster inventory 30 pounds of firm shell lobsters in the 3 to 6 pound range. Sizes will be chosen based upon on our current inventory.
It's that simple... 30 lbs. of FIRM SHELL lobster picked up at Fisherman's Market.
What's the difference between hard shell, firm shell and soft shell?
- LOBSTERS NEVER STOP GROWING! As they grow, they require bigger shells to fit into, therefore throughout the seasons, lobsters begin to molt their shells for larger ones.
- Hard shell lobsters also have less water weight, while soft shell lobsters contain more water. The water is what helps to harden the shell over time.
- The color of a hard-shell lobster’s meat is also different than that a soft-shell lobster.
- It is pure preference, but some enjoy sweeter taste of the lobster, even though there is less actual meat in a firm or soft shell lobster. Typically, there is 20% to 28% meat from a hard shell lobster, but in a soft / firm shell lobster, there is only 15% to 20% meat.
- Firm and soft shell lobsters CANNOT BE SHIPPED OVERNIGHT and are only available for Curbside Pickup or walk-ins to our seafood market.
PLEASE NOTE: LOBSTER SIZES WILL VARY! THERE IS NO WAY TO GUARANTEE THE NUMBER OF LOBSTERS THAT YOU WILL GET, BUT JUST THAT IT WILL BE THE TOTAL WEIGHT ORDERED.
Country of Origin: U.S.A
Scientific Term: Homarus americanus
Weight: 30 lbs.
WARNING: FIRM SHELL LOBSTERS CANNOT BE SHIPPED OVERNIGHT.
IF ADDED TO A CART FOR OVERNIGHT SHIPPING AND SHIPPING WILL NOT CALCULATE, PLEASE REMOVE THESE ITEMS FROM YOUR FISHING NET.
Lobsters were delicious and most were quite full of meat. Just be aware that some firm shells may be culls, i.e.; missing one of their claws. This was true for two of my 5 lb ones. It was still 30 lbs total though. Only four stars because description did not detail that fact, otherwise great!!! I froze a bunch for winter.
The lobster was fresh, prices exceptionally reasonable and the delivery to the car was punctual.
Great packaging, and we loved every bite
good price lobsters were full of meat and fresh worth the drive from the cape!